I have been trying to feed my family more vegetarian/vegan meals. In the midst of experimenting, I came up with a really yummy, quick and easy Stroganoff! You could easily make this vegan by replacing the sour cream with vegan sour cream. I hope you enjoy!
1 1/2 cups sliced baby Bella mushrooms
2 cups Vegetable Broth
1/4 cup All purpose flour
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 medium onion sliced thinly
2 cloves or garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pound of veggie crumbles of your choice (I used Quorn crumbles)
1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 cup sour cream (I used light)
1 packet of Onion Soup Mix (Make sure it it vegetarian/vegan)
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooked ribbon noodles or cooked rice
- Heat oil in skillet and cook onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add crumbles skillet and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Once all crumbles are heated , add the flour, packet of onion mix, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the veggie broth. Let the mixture simmer until it starts bubbling.
- Add the sour cream.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste if needed.
- Serve over cooked noddles or rice. Enjoy!
One thought on “Quick and Easy Vegetarian Stroganoff”
Karla, this was delicious!!!!