I have been trying to feed my family more vegetarian/vegan meals for the last couple of months. There are some recipes that we do miss from our time of being beef eaters, one of them being my quick and easy Stroganoff! I decided it was time to experiment and come up with a tasty replacement. You could easily make this vegan by replacing the sour cream with vegan sour cream. I hope you enjoy!
1 1/2 cups sliced baby Bella mushrooms
2 cups Vegetable Broth
1/4 cup All purpose flour
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 medium onion sliced thinly
2 cloves or garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pound of veggie crumbles of your choice (I used Quorn crumbles)
1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 cup sour cream (I used light)
1 packet of Onion Soup Mix (Make sure it it vegetarian/vegan)
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooked ribbon noodles or cooked rice
1. Heat oil in skillet and cook onions and garlic until translucent.
2. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add crumbles skillet and season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Once all crumbles are heated , add the flour, packet of onion mix, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Mix thoroughly.
5. Add the veggie broth. Let the mixture simmer until it starts bubbling.
6. Add the sour cream.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste if needed.
8. Serve over cooked noddles or rice. Enjoy!